SMART PARENTING IN A GLOBAL DIGITAL WORLD
Parents (love them or hate them) are the most important factor in any child’s life. It is one of the few relationships that will last a lifetime whether the parent is engaged and attentive or removed from the family for decades. And, a parent will be one of the most important factors of a child’s self worth and identity. But, there are no instructions, no rule books, no tutorials, and few guidelines to be a successful parent. Teens and pre-teens today are the first generation in history that can communicate with individuals they have never met anywhere in the world.
So what are the factors that will define success for parenting in a global digital world?
- Educate yourself on every app your child owns
- Get a strategy agreed on by BOTH parents
- Educate your child on how the apps work and who they are reaching
- Understand if your child is using a closed chat room or talking to thousands on the internet
- Talk about empathy and emotional connection
- Always keep the lines of communications open in case they make a mistake
- Set boundaries and enforce them
- Encourage your child to be a leader and to use technology with respect and responsibility
- Report any incidents of abuse to Internet Crimes Against Children (1-866-347-2423)
SHARE THIS SHOW WITH EVERY PARENT YOU KNOW!
Join us Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 7:00am PST on Voice America Variety Channel or access the archived show on ExploitedCrimes.com as host, Opal Singleton, shares with parents how to navigate the current digital world with their kids.
RESOURCES, LINKS and CASES:
- ‘Brian Kil’ suspect faces life in prison with Plainfield threats, child porn, sextortion charges
- Youth pastor admits to sex chats with minors, child porn
- Parenting in a Digital Age: What Experts Are Saying
- UNCW students among victims in social media ‘sextortion’ case involving 40 women
- Man gets prison for online sexual relationship with 12-year-old
- Mother warns of Snapchat predator targeting middle school girls in Central Texas
- Florida man hacked teens’ Snapchat accounts, stole their lewd photos, officials say
The Power Pack
Get both of Opal Singleton’s powerful and informative books for only $32.00 plus tax and shipping while supplies last!
THE POWER PACK INCLUDES:
- “Societal Shift: A World Without Borders… A Home Without Walls” (retail $18.99/Released January 2019)
- “Seduced: The Grooming of America’s Teenagers” (retail $15.99/Released 2016)
- PLUS two “I Believe in You” wristbands (retail $2.00)
Order at: MillionKids.us
“Like” Million Kids on Facebook to get involved so we can say together, “NEVER AGAIN SHOULD A CHILD BE VIOLATED!”
For more FREE human trafficking training, find all of our archived shows at ExploitedCrimes.com
You can also find us on iTunes at Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity