Sextortion: Is Your Child at Risk When They Have 75,000 Followers?
This week we will look at the top apps and trends of the social media industry. We will also explore what predators and pedophiles look for in potential victims and how they use apps to groom victims. Most importantly, we will look at what a family can do to develop a strategy for social media to keep kids safe while online.
GENERAL FACTS ABOUT SEXTORTION:
• The average age of victims is 14.
• Predators have a hiearchy for identifying potential victims:
AVAILABILITY – VULNERABILITY – ATTRACTIVENESS – RISK
• Predators will move on if the victim resists
• Most teen victims will defer to predators to avoid rejection of parents
• 2017 – More than 75% of children under eight have access to a smart phone
Be sure to join us as we look at some apps that are fast becoming a playground for predators. Listen live Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 7:00am PST on Voice America Variety Channel or access the archived show on ExploitedCrimes.com.
“Like” Million Kids on Facebook to get involved so we can say together, “NEVER AGAIN SHOULD A CHILD BE VIOLATED!”
For more FREE human trafficking training, find all of our archived shows at ExploitedCrimes.com
You can also find us on iTunes at Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity
RESOURCES, LINKS and CASES:
- Snapchat’s new maps feature shows you where your friends are
- Facebook now has technology for manipulating live videos