Change and the Evolution of Technology
Have you ever thought how much your life has changed in just the last five to ten years?
Do you realize that you are living through one of most the volatile times in history?
Remember pagers, telephone booths, collect calls and telephone operators?
Remember when families used to eat dinner together and actually looked each other in the eyes and read their souls?
Remember when a guy actually asked a girl’s parents if he could take her out on a date?
Remember when animated cartoons were safe for kids?
This week we will explore the many changes that are taking place in our society. We will talk about “Angry Birds” and the new Netflix series, “Big Mouth.” We will examine apps and how they change our kids’ behavior and, more important, their perception of themselves. We will explore ways families can still maintain a strong influence on their child(ren) so they can develop into solid leaders with strong moral values. And, we will look at how access by total strangers can lead to the grooming and exploitation of our children.
Join us as we explore changes in technology and how they are used by predators . Listen Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 7:00am PST on Voice America Variety Channel or access the archived show on ExploitedCrimes.com.
“Like” Million Kids on Facebook to get involved so we can say together, “NEVER AGAIN SHOULD A CHILD BE VIOLATED!”
For more FREE human trafficking training, find all of our archived shows at ExploitedCrimes.com
You can also find us on iTunes at Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity
RESOURCES, LINKS and CASES:
- AN OPEN LETTER TO NETFLIX About The New Series “Big Mouth”
- The Evolution of Technology
Your generosity helps us fund important programs such as:
▪ Million Kids Missing Kids: A free service offered to parents and/or guardians of a missing child.
▪ The Love Trap: “The Love Trap” teaches school administrators, teachers, parents, and teenagers how predators identify a potential victim, the methods they use to recruit innocent kids, how parents can recognize the signs that their child may be being recruited, and, most importantly, it teaches a young person how to protect themselves so they will not become a victim of human trafficking.
▪ Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity: Our free global internet training program about human trafficking and exploitation that reaches 170 countries and includes a powerful weekly podcast and corresponding blog with links to the cases and stories discussed on the show.
▪ Live presentations: All across the United States, Million Kids has trained tens of thousands of first responders, government agencies, civic leaders, school administrators, medical personnel, faith-based organizations, parents and grandparents about how predators operate and how to prevent young people from becoming victims of exploitation!
Your generous donation will go a long way to helping us keep kids safe from predators! Read about the work of Million Kids and RCAHT in the media: HERE
Thank you! It means the world to us!
President and CEO
All donations are tax deductible and are used to help end human trafficking and the sexual exploitation of children.