Scope and Scale
People often ask if the global epidemic of sexual exploitation is real. Million Kids has been in the “business” of combating adult and child sexual exploitation for nearly ten years now. And the answer is “YES” it is very real. Million Kids is committed to dealing with facts not drama. While trafficking is NOT occurring on every street corner, there is a very real threat to the safety and sanctity of the most vulnerable in our society.
What is disturbing is the frequency of cases being brought to the court system, the number of perpetrators, and the number of victims in each case. In the early days, we would often see one pimp with two to five victims in a case. Today, it is not unusual for a case to be comprised of eight to thirty perpetrators exploiting dozens, even hundreds of victims covering many cities and states in the U.S.
What is the difference? Organized criminal activity, cyber communities and social media use in recruitment. This week we will look at a wide variety of cases to understand the epidemic known as human exploitation. We will also explore these cases from a law enforcement perspective as to what it takes to build a case and prosecute the perpetrators. Human Trafficking is the fastest growing crime in the U.S. and it will take a serious financial and human commitment to stop this scourge in our communities!
Join us Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 7:00 a.m. PST on VOICE AMERICA – Variety Channel as we explore the SCOPE AND SCALE of human trafficking in the U.S.
“Like” Million Kids on Facebook to get involved so we can say together, “NEVER AGAIN SHOULD A CHILD BE VIOLATED!”
For more FREE human trafficking training, find all of our archived shows at ExploitedCrimes.com
You can also find us on iTunes at Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity
RESOURCES, LINKS and CASES:
- Tacoma-Area Task Forces Disrupt Gang Members Trafficking Minors for Sexual Exploitation
- 24 San Diego gang members indicted for sex trafficking
- Houston gang members ‘lured illegal immigrants to the US, tattooed them and forced them into prostitution’, grand jury says
- Dog Pound gang’s million-dollar business: Drugs, fraud, human trafficking
Your generosity helps us fund important programs such as:
▪ Million Kids Missing Kids: A free service offered to parents and/or guardians of a missing child.
▪ The Love Trap: “The Love Trap” teaches school administrators, teachers, parents, and teenagers how predators identify a potential victim, the methods they use to recruit innocent kids, how parents can recognize the signs that their child may be being recruited, and, most importantly, it teaches a young person how to protect themselves so they will not become a victim of human trafficking.
▪ Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity: Our free global internet training program about human trafficking and exploitation that reaches 170 countries and includes a powerful weekly podcast and corresponding blog with links to the cases and stories discussed on the show.
▪ Live presentations: All across the United States, Million Kids has trained tens of thousands of first responders, government agencies, civic leaders, school administrators, medical personnel, faith-based organizations, parents and grandparents about how predators operate and how to prevent young people from becoming victims of exploitation!
Your generous donation will go a long way to helping us keep kids safe from predators! Read about the work of Million Kids and RCAHT in the media: HERE
President and CEO
All donations are tax deductible and are used to help end human trafficking and the sexual exploitation of children.