Understanding Cyber-Currencies and
Money Laundering and the Role They Play in Global Human Exploitation
The global phenomena of gangs using child and adult sex trafficking to generate millions of dollars is driven by one thing —— IT’S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.
On one of our recent shows, we talked about the SCALE AND SCOPE of organized criminal gangs generating tens of millions of dollars by exploiting people. Prostitution advertising websites use bitcoin to charge for their ads. Gangs use bitcoin to buy and sell on the dark net. Kids use bitcoin to buy virtual tattoos in online gaming. Investors boast glowingly about the amazing investment opportunities with cyber-currency.
BUT WHAT THE HECK IS IT? AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
This week our guest will be Lynn Edgington, Founder/President of Eagle Research Associates, Inc., a 501(c)3 non-profit organization in Southern California. He is also the author of, “Robbing You with a Keyboard Instead Of A Gun – Cyber Crime How They Do It.”
Lynn works with law enforcement around the globe to assist in cyber-crime investigations involving crypto-currencies and cyber-financial fraud. During this show, we will share with the public key elements to watch out for so you don’t become a victim of cyber-crime. We will discuss the phenomena of bitcoin and the dangers associated with investing in cyber-currencies. We will look at multi-level marketing and ponzi schemes and how unsuspecting corporations and individuals have been victimized. We will look at how organized crime groups use cyber-fraud to launder money.
Join us Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 7:00 a.m. PST on VOICE AMERICA – Variety Channel as we explore cyber-currencies and money laundering and the role they play in global human exploitation.
“Like” Million Kids on Facebook to get involved so we can say together, “NEVER AGAIN SHOULD A CHILD BE VIOLATED!”
For more FREE human trafficking training, find all of our archived shows at ExploitedCrimes.com
You can also find us on iTunes at Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity
RESOURCES, LINKS and CASES:
- In a step toward fighting human trafficking, sex ads are linked to Bitcoin data
- Eagle Research Associates, Inc
- Robbing You With A Keyboard Instead of a Gun
Your generosity helps us fund important programs such as:
▪ Million Kids Missing Kids: A free service offered to parents and/or guardians of a missing child.
▪ The Love Trap: “The Love Trap” teaches school administrators, teachers, parents, and teenagers how predators identify a potential victim, the methods they use to recruit innocent kids, how parents can recognize the signs that their child may be being recruited, and, most importantly, it teaches a young person how to protect themselves so they will not become a victim of human trafficking.
▪ Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity: Our free global internet training program about human trafficking and exploitation that reaches 170 countries and includes a powerful weekly podcast and corresponding blog with links to the cases and stories discussed on the show.
▪ Live presentations: All across the United States, Million Kids has trained tens of thousands of first responders, government agencies, civic leaders, school administrators, medical personnel, faith-based organizations, parents and grandparents about how predators operate and how to prevent young people from becoming victims of exploitation!
Your generous donation will go a long way to helping us keep kids safe from predators! Read about the work of Million Kids and RCAHT in the media: HERE
President and CEO
All donations are tax deductible and are used to help end human trafficking and the sexual exploitation of children.