How Gangs Are Using Social Media To Exploit Young People
It’s easy to believe that because we don’t see a mob of gang members in our neighborhoods that our kids will not be exposed to gangs. Did you know that gangs have I.T. guys, webmasters and social media experts?
Today we will explore how gangs and cartels are maximizing technologies to access, groom, recruit and exploit our young people. Social media allows gangs to form cliques. They have dispersed management so as not to be obvious to the public. They use Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and other apps and sites to meet young girls to groom them into sex trafficking. They use social media for money laundering, buying and selling of drugs, guns and commercial sex, and to announce hit lists. And yes, they use social media to lure in sex buyers in order to blackmail, beat and, in some instances, murder them.
Join us Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 7a.m. PST on VOICE AMERICA – Variety Channel as we examine how gangs use social media to exploit the innocent.
“Like” Million Kids on Facebook to get involved so we can say together, “NEVER AGAIN SHOULD A CHILD BE VIOLATED!”
RESOURCES, LINKS and CASES:
- Teen MS-13 gang member told 15-year-old girl not to ‘forget my name’ before she tortured and killed her
Please Donate and Help Keep Kids Safe From Predators!
Your generosity helps us fund important programs such as:
▪ Million Kids Missing Kids: A free service offered to parents and/or guardians of a missing child.
▪ The Love Trap: “The Love Trap” teaches school administrators, teachers, parents, and teenagers how predators identify a potential victim, the methods they use to recruit innocent kids, how parents can recognize the signs that their child may be being recruited, and, most importantly, it teaches a young person how to protect themselves so they will not become a victim of human trafficking.
▪ Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity: Our free global internet training program about human trafficking and exploitation that reaches 170 countries and includes a powerful weekly podcast and corresponding blog with links to the cases and stories discussed on the show.
▪ Live presentations: All across the United States, Million Kids has trained tens of thousands of first responders, government agencies, civic leaders, school administrators, medical personnel, faith-based organizations, parents and grandparents about how predators operate and how to prevent young people from becoming victims of exploitation!
Your generous donation will go a long way to helping us keep kids safe from predators!
Read about the work of Million Kids and RCAHT in the media: HERE
President and CEO
All donations are tax deductible and are used to help end human trafficking and the sexual exploitation of children.