RECOGNIZING THE SIGNS OF HUMAN TRAFFICKING – PART 2
6 Common Ways to Recognize That Someone May Be in Danger of Becoming a Victim of Sex or Labor Trafficking
This week we will be rebroadcasting one of our most listened to shows to date!
(Original air date May 25, 2017)
Many government agency personnel, law enforcement, non-profit organizations, and faith-based communities have asked us to outline the signs to look for in evaluating if a person might be a victim of human trafficking.
Human Exploitation is a complex subject and is difficult to define in a concrete 1-2-3- outline. In this show we will look at:
▪ Early signs of grooming
▪ Changes in behavior
▪ Signs of grooming through online video gaming
▪ Signs that a person is being exploited or sex trafficked
▪ Signs for Law Enforcement to consider in a traffic stop
▪ Signs that the person is a being exploited through labor trafficking
Join us Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 7a.m. PST on VOICE AMERICA – Variety Channel as we continue to discuss possible indicators that a person is in danger of becoming a victim of sex or labor trafficking or may be currently being exploited.
“Like” Million Kids on Facebook to get involved so we can say together, “NEVER AGAIN SHOULD A CHILD BE VIOLATED!”
RESOURCES, LINKS and CASES:
- Identify and Assist a Trafficking Victim
- Recognize the Signs
Please Donate and Help Keep Kids Safe From Predators!
Your generosity helps us fund important programs such as:
▪ Million Kids Missing Kids: A free service offered to parents and/or guardians of a missing child.
▪ The Love Trap: “The Love Trap” teaches school administrators, teachers, parents, and teenagers how predators identify a potential victim, the methods they use to recruit innocent kids, how parents can recognize the signs that their child may be being recruited, and, most importantly, it teaches a young person how to protect themselves so they will not become a victim of human trafficking.
▪ Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity: Our free global internet training program about human trafficking and exploitation that reaches 170 countries and includes a powerful weekly podcast and corresponding blog with links to the cases and stories discussed on the show.
▪ Live presentations: All across the United States, Million Kids has trained tens of thousands of first responders, government agencies, civic leaders, school administrators, medical personnel, faith-based organizations, parents and grandparents about how predators operate and how to prevent young people from becoming victims of exploitation!
Your generous donation will go a long way to helping us keep kids safe from predators!
Read about the work of Million Kids and RCAHT in the media: HERE
President and CEO
All donations are tax deductible and are used to help end human trafficking and the sexual exploitation of children.