Who Are The Men That Are Buying Sex — Really?
A Hard Look at the “Demand” Side of Commercial Sex
This week we will be rebroadcasting one of our most listened to shows to date!
(Original air date June 15, 2017)
Recently, I was having a dinner table discussion about commercial sex and exploitation when a family member suddenly made a statement, “sex buyers are all Caucasian men in suits and are Republicans.” Well certainly this person is young and uninformed and I found it all quite amusing. And, perhaps she just saw a rerun of the movie “Pretty Woman.”
But it occurred to me that ALL of us have prejudices and preconditioning on the subject of sex buying. Certainly prostitution is the world’s oldest profession. We have all heard that ad nauseam. But, because of gangs and social media, commercial sex is not the casual activity we once thought it was.
There is a critical need to educate men and women that sex buying in a world of sex trafficking is not a victimless event. More important, if a cartel will violate a child for commercial gain, they will think nothing of violating and exploiting the sex buyer. This is one episode that should be heard and shared with men and women around the globe.
Join us Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 7a.m. PST on VOICE AMERICA – Variety Channel as we explore the phenomena of sex buying and the demographics of the perpetrators.
“Like” Million Kids on Facebook to get involved so we can say together, “NEVER AGAIN SHOULD A CHILD BE VIOLATED!”
RESOURCES, LINKS and CASES:
- More Than 1,000 Pimps and Johns Arrested in Nationwide Prostitution Sting
- Eighteen local residents arrested during statewide human trafficking sting
- Four Suspected Murrieta ‘Johns’ Nabbed in Sheriff’s Sting
Please Donate and Help Keep Kids Safe From Predators!
Your generosity helps us fund important programs such as:
▪ Million Kids Missing Kids: is an information distribution network dedicated to helping locate missing kids by utilizing social media to reach thousands of people throughout Southern California. MKMK is a free service offered to parents and/or guardians of a missing child.
▪ Victim Gift Card Program: Carried by our local law enforcement agents, these emergency gift cards aid victims in escaping “the life” by keeping them safe while trying to locate space in a suitable safe house for them. It feeds, houses and clothes victims when necessary. These gift cards can literally save a victim’s life!
▪ The Love Trap: “The Love Trap” teaches school administrators, teachers, parents, and teenagers how predators identify a potential victim, the methods they use to recruit innocent kids, how parents can recognize the signs that their child may be being recruited, and, most importantly, it teaches a young person how to protect themselves so they will not become a victim of human trafficking.
▪ Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity: Our free global internet training program about human trafficking and exploitation that reaches 170 countries and includes a powerful weekly podcast and corresponding blog with links to the cases and stories discussed on the show.
▪ Live presentations: All across the United States, Million Kids has trained tens of thousands of first responders, government agencies, civic leaders, school administrators, medical personnel, faith-based organizations, parents and grandparents about how predators operate and how to prevent young people from becoming victims of exploitation!
Your generous donation will go a long way to helping us keep kids safe from predators!
Read about the work of Million Kids and RCAHT in the media: HERE
President and CEO
All donations are tax deductible and are used to help end human trafficking and the sexual exploitation of children.