The Role of The Intelligence Analyst in Crime Solving
Few people understand the vast amount of effort that takes place in developing a criminal case and bringing it to the point of apprehension and prosecution. This week we will be exploring what a Crime Analyst does and the critical importance of building an intelligence profile in developing a case.
Crime Analysts will become the most sought after talent for law enforcement in the next decade. A Crime Analyst builds the foundation for potential cases by looking at a wide rage of data, including public records, financial, business and legal documentation, as well as cellphone and social media activity. They watch for patterns and trends, are meticulous, insightful, possess critical thinking skills, and exercise excellent judgement.
Intelligence is key to building a solid case. The challenge for the next decade of crime solving will be the changing social media landscape, which can both enhance intelligence gathering and also prevent easy access to data through technologies like encryption, crypto currency, disappearing video and live streaming. This show will address the powerful role Crime Analysts will play in the next generation of crime solving and help the public understand the challenges in building a strong and successful criminal case.
Join us Thursday, May 31, 2018 at 7a.m. PST on VOICE AMERICA – Variety Channel as we explore what a Crime Analyst does and the critical importance of building an intelligence profile in developing a case.
“Like” Million Kids on Facebook to get involved so we can say together, “NEVER AGAIN SHOULD A CHILD BE VIOLATED!”
RESOURCES, LINKS and CASES:
- Why did it take so long to arrest the Golden State Killer suspect? Interagency rivalries, old technology, errors and bad luck
- Cold Case Solved: Pair Convicted in Pinyon Pines Triple Killing
Please Donate and Help Keep Kids Safe From Predators!
Your generosity helps us fund important programs such as:
▪ Million Kids Missing Kids: is an information distribution network dedicated to helping locate missing kids by utilizing social media to reach thousands of people throughout Southern California. MKMK is a free service offered to parents and/or guardians of a missing child.
▪ Victim Gift Card Program: Carried by our local law enforcement agents, these emergency gift cards aid victims in escaping “the life” by keeping them safe while trying to locate space in a suitable safe house for them. It feeds, houses and clothes victims when necessary. These gift cards can literally save a victim’s life!
▪ The Love Trap: “The Love Trap” teaches school administrators, teachers, parents, and teenagers how predators identify a potential victim, the methods they use to recruit innocent kids, how parents can recognize the signs that their child may be being recruited, and, most importantly, it teaches a young person how to protect themselves so they will not become a victim of human trafficking.
▪ Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity: Our free global internet training program about human trafficking and exploitation that reaches 170 countries and includes a powerful weekly podcast and corresponding blog with links to the cases and stories discussed on the show.
▪ Live presentations: All across the United States, Million Kids has trained tens of thousands of first responders, government agencies, civic leaders, school administrators, medical personnel, faith-based organizations, parents and grandparents about how predators operate and how to prevent young people from becoming victims of exploitation!
Your generous donation will go a long way to helping us keep kids safe from predators!
Read about the work of Million Kids and RCAHT in the media: HERE
President and CEO
All donations are tax deductible and are used to help end human trafficking and the sexual exploitation of children.