Live Streaming Sextortion: Why Victims Won’t Tell
Live streaming apps like Omegle and Live.Me are providing a whole new level of access to our kids. Live.Me is a relatively new app with about one hundred MILLION users. It has a geotracking function that alerts people nearby when you are broadcasting. Pedophiles have been using this app to encourage kids as young as 7 years old with virtual currency to grind, strip and photograph themselves provocatively. The app advertises itself as a way for kids, tweens, teenagers, to be a star. Anyone can watch and record you and there is no age restriction. You do not have to add someone for them to follow you. They can select your live stream and watch your stream and communicate with you via text.
This show will explore how pedophiles are using the latest technologies to seduce and groom our kids. We will discuss why kids won’t or don’t tell by examining the psychological impact of shame on a pre pubescent child and how they trauma bond with the pedophile. We will analyze how this affects their perception of self worth and sexual relationships. We will also probe real cases to see how vile this can get. Finally, we will delve into the need for parents and teachers to understand what happens to a naked photo of a victim of sextortion.
Join us Thursday, June 7, 2018 at 7a.m. PST on VOICE AMERICA – Variety Channel as host, Opal Singleton, exposes the world of live streaming.
“Like” Million Kids on Facebook to get involved so we can say together, “NEVER AGAIN SHOULD A CHILD BE VIOLATED!”
RESOURCES, LINKS and CASES:
- Georgia man indicted for child pornography production, distribution in Atlanta-area sextortion scheme
- Pedophiles using app to manipulate underage girls into sexual acts, sell recordings as child porn
Please Donate and Help Keep Kids Safe From Predators!
Your generosity helps us fund important programs such as:
▪ Million Kids Missing Kids: is an information distribution network dedicated to helping locate missing kids by utilizing social media to reach thousands of people throughout Southern California. MKMK is a free service offered to parents and/or guardians of a missing child.
▪ Victim Gift Card Program: Carried by our local law enforcement agents, these emergency gift cards aid victims in escaping “the life” by keeping them safe while trying to locate space in a suitable safe house for them. It feeds, houses and clothes victims when necessary. These gift cards can literally save a victim’s life!
▪ The Love Trap: “The Love Trap” teaches school administrators, teachers, parents, and teenagers how predators identify a potential victim, the methods they use to recruit innocent kids, how parents can recognize the signs that their child may be being recruited, and, most importantly, it teaches a young person how to protect themselves so they will not become a victim of human trafficking.
▪ Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity: Our free global internet training program about human trafficking and exploitation that reaches 170 countries and includes a powerful weekly podcast and corresponding blog with links to the cases and stories discussed on the show.
▪ Live presentations: All across the United States, Million Kids has trained tens of thousands of first responders, government agencies, civic leaders, school administrators, medical personnel, faith-based organizations, parents and grandparents about how predators operate and how to prevent young people from becoming victims of exploitation!
Your generous donation will go a long way to helping us keep kids safe from predators!
Read about the work of Million Kids and RCAHT in the media: HERE
President and CEO
All donations are tax deductible and are used to help end human trafficking and the sexual exploitation of children.