The REAL statistics of runaway youth in America
Do you Want to make a positive difference in someone’s life? Listen to this show.
Foster kids, group home kids, runaway and pregnant kids are some of the most vulnerable and easily seduced youth on the face of the earth. The foster care system is one of the most complex issues facing our society today. Statistics indicate that more than 60% of youth in commercial sex (prostitution) come from the foster care system. These kids are available and vulnerable. Pimps and predators come in as “Daddy” and offer the role of protector… the very thing these kids crave in their lives.
This week we will take a hard look at the “REAL” statistics of runaway youth in America. We will explore how the welfare system grooms young people for exploitation. And, we will talk extensively about what churches and organizations can do to intervene. Finally, we will talk about the needs of kids in foster care.
Join us Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 7a.m. PST on VOICE AMERICA – Variety Channel as host, Opal Singleton, exposes how circumstances that put minors into foster care often are the same factors that make them vulnerable to sex traffickers and what you can do to change their path.
“Like” Million Kids on Facebook to get involved so we can say together, “NEVER AGAIN SHOULD A CHILD BE VIOLATED!”
RESOURCES, LINKS and CASES:
- CHILLING NCMEC REPORT SHOWS 88% OF MISSING SEX TRAFFICKED KIDS COME FROM US FOSTER CARE
- Sex-Trafficking Sting Shows Foster Children are Especially Vulnerable
Please Donate and Help Keep Kids Safe From Predators!
Your generosity helps us fund important programs such as:
▪ Million Kids Missing Kids: is an information distribution network dedicated to helping locate missing kids by utilizing social media to reach thousands of people throughout Southern California. MKMK is a free service offered to parents and/or guardians of a missing child.
▪ Victim Gift Card Program: Carried by our local law enforcement agents, these emergency gift cards aid victims in escaping “the life” by keeping them safe while trying to locate space in a suitable safe house for them. It feeds, houses and clothes victims when necessary. These gift cards can literally save a victim’s life!
▪ The Love Trap: “The Love Trap” teaches school administrators, teachers, parents, and teenagers how predators identify a potential victim, the methods they use to recruit innocent kids, how parents can recognize the signs that their child may be being recruited, and, most importantly, it teaches a young person how to protect themselves so they will not become a victim of human trafficking.
▪ Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity: Our free global internet training program about human trafficking and exploitation that reaches 170 countries and includes a powerful weekly podcast and corresponding blog with links to the cases and stories discussed on the show.
▪ Live presentations: All across the United States, Million Kids has trained tens of thousands of first responders, government agencies, civic leaders, school administrators, medical personnel, faith-based organizations, parents and grandparents about how predators operate and how to prevent young people from becoming victims of exploitation!
Your generous donation will go a long way to helping us keep kids safe from predators!
Read about the work of Million Kids and RCAHT in the media: HERE
President and CEO
All donations are tax deductible and are used to help end human trafficking and the sexual exploitation of children.