How Technology and Social Media Impacts Gang Activity with Anthony Ortiz Jr. and California Youth Outreach (PART 2)
Anthony Ortiz Jr. was raised in the gang culture. His father, a former gang member, left the gang lifestyle to become a pastor and eventually became a nationally recognized expert in the field of gang intervention and prevention services. Due to his leadership and expertise in working with hardcore, gang-involved youth, he helped to develop and implement the San Jose Mayor’s Gang Prevention Task Force. In 1992, Pastor Ortiz received national recognition for developing programs that successfully turn gang-prone youth away from gangs. Together they run California Youth Outreach, an organization dedicated to reaching out to all gang-impacted youth, their families, and their communities through education services, intervention programs and resource opportunities that support a positive and healthy lifestyle.
This week, host Opal Singleton, and Anthony Ortiz Jr. will talk about how gangs are reorganizing territories based on social media and sex trafficking. How gangs recruit young people and how to help kids stay out of or get out of a gang.
Join us Thursday, June 28, 2018 at 7a.m. PST on VOICE AMERICA – Variety Channel as host, Opal Singleton, and gang expert, Anthony Ortiz Jr., talk about how technology and social media impact gang activity and how to help kids from getting involved in gangs.
“Like” Million Kids on Facebook to get involved so we can say together, “NEVER AGAIN SHOULD A CHILD BE VIOLATED!”
RESOURCES, LINKS and CASES:
- Dyer says notorious Fresno ‘Dog Pound’ gang crippled after ringleaders take plea deals
- California Youth Outreach
Please Donate and Help Keep Kids Safe From Predators!
Your generosity helps us fund important programs such as:
▪ Million Kids Missing Kids: is an information distribution network dedicated to helping locate missing kids by utilizing social media to reach thousands of people throughout Southern California. MKMK is a free service offered to parents and/or guardians of a missing child.
▪ Victim Gift Card Program: Carried by our local law enforcement agents, these emergency gift cards aid victims in escaping “the life” by keeping them safe while trying to locate space in a suitable safe house for them. It feeds, houses and clothes victims when necessary. These gift cards can literally save a victim’s life!
▪ The Love Trap: “The Love Trap” teaches school administrators, teachers, parents, and teenagers how predators identify a potential victim, the methods they use to recruit innocent kids, how parents can recognize the signs that their child may be being recruited, and, most importantly, it teaches a young person how to protect themselves so they will not become a victim of human trafficking.
▪ Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity: Our free global internet training program about human trafficking and exploitation that reaches 170 countries and includes a powerful weekly podcast and corresponding blog with links to the cases and stories discussed on the show.
▪ Live presentations: All across the United States, Million Kids has trained tens of thousands of first responders, government agencies, civic leaders, school administrators, medical personnel, faith-based organizations, parents and grandparents about how predators operate and how to prevent young people from becoming victims of exploitation!
Your generous donation will go a long way to helping us keep kids safe from predators!
Read about the work of Million Kids and RCAHT in the media: HERE
President and CEO
All donations are tax deductible and are used to help end human trafficking and the sexual exploitation of children.