What Every Parent Needs to Know About Apps, Chat Rooms, Live Streaming and Slang
Keeping track of which apps are dangerous for kids has become somewhat of a full-time job for parents. Once you figure out how one app works, another one is introduced. Who knows what impact each new app could have on your family?
This week we will talk about the latest apps and chat rooms that kids are gravitating towards including live streaming technology. We will also talk about some of the slang they use to hide their conversations from adults.
We will also talk about how to keep your kids safe in a world of artificial intelligence where your every click, search and location are being sold, as a profile about you is simultaneously being developed.
We will discuss:
- Artificial Intelligence
- APPS: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Kik, GroupMe, WhatsApp, Musical.ly, Tumblr, Grindr
- VIDEO CHAT ROOMS: Omega, HouseParty, Live.ly, Live.Me, You.Now
- SELF-DESTRUCTING/SECRET APPS: Snapchat, Whisper
- CHATTING, MEETING, AND DATING APPS AND SITES: Monkey, MeetMe, Yubo
- Slang used by teens
Join us Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 7a.m. PST on VOICE AMERICA – Variety Channel as host, Opal Singleton, helps adults to understand some of the apps, chat rooms, live streaming technology and slang that teens use today and how predators roam about these same virtual places seeking vulnerable kids to exploit.
“Like” Million Kids on Facebook to get involved so we can say together, “NEVER AGAIN SHOULD A CHILD BE VIOLATED!”
RESOURCES, LINKS and CASES:
- He threatened his young victims into filming sex acts. Now Elk Grove man is facing 22 years in prison
- 17 Apps and Websites Kids Are Heading to After Facebook
Please Donate and Help Keep Kids Safe From Predators!
Your generosity helps us fund important programs such as:
▪ Million Kids Missing Kids: is an information distribution network dedicated to helping locate missing kids by utilizing social media to reach thousands of people throughout Southern California. MKMK is a free service offered to parents and/or guardians of a missing child.
▪ Victim Gift Card Program: Carried by our local law enforcement agents, these emergency gift cards aid victims in escaping “the life” by keeping them safe while trying to locate space in a suitable safe house for them. It feeds, houses and clothes victims when necessary. These gift cards can literally save a victim’s life!
▪ The Love Trap: “The Love Trap” teaches school administrators, teachers, parents, and teenagers how predators identify a potential victim, the methods they use to recruit innocent kids, how parents can recognize the signs that their child may be being recruited, and, most importantly, it teaches a young person how to protect themselves so they will not become a victim of human trafficking.
▪ Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity: Our free global internet training program about human trafficking and exploitation that reaches 170 countries and includes a powerful weekly podcast and corresponding blog with links to the cases and stories discussed on the show.
▪ Live presentations: All across the United States, Million Kids has trained tens of thousands of first responders, government agencies, civic leaders, school administrators, medical personnel, faith-based organizations, parents and grandparents about how predators operate and how to prevent young people from becoming victims of exploitation!
Your generous donation will go a long way to helping us keep kids safe from predators!
Read about the work of Million Kids and RCAHT in the media: HERE
President and CEO
All donations are tax deductible and are used to help end human trafficking and the sexual exploitation of children.