Crypto Currencies, The Dark Net and Sex Trafficking
This week The U.S. House of Representatives passed HR 6069, known as the “Fight Illicit Networks and Detect Trafficking” Act (FIND Trafficking Act). Today we will discuss the impact of this act on money laundering connected to sex, gun and drug trafficking.
As technologies advance, we are seeing the convergence of multiple technologies that empower cartels and organized crime by providing them a network to launder money generated by the exploitation of people around the globe. As sex ads move off shore, exploiters use cryptocurrency to continue to advertise sexual services in the U.S. by claiming commercial sex is legal in the country where the ad service resides. Will this bill make that activity illegal? Additionally, there are challenges for law enforcement to obtain search warrants in the dark net where there is a virtual marketplace of sex trafficking, child pornography, gun and drug sales. And, what about all those live streaming sites that will be using virtual currency to charge for live streaming of pornography?
Join us Thursday, July 19, 2018 at 7a.m. PST on VOICE AMERICA – Variety Channel as host, Opal Singleton, discusses the correlation between CryptoCurrencies, The Dark Net and Sex Trafficking.
“Like” Million Kids on Facebook to get involved so we can say together, “NEVER AGAIN SHOULD A CHILD BE VIOLATED!”
RESOURCES, LINKS and CASES:
- US House of Representatives Passes Bill Against Illegal Use of Cryptocurrencies.
Please Donate and Help Keep Kids Safe From Predators!
Your generosity helps us fund important programs such as:
▪ Million Kids Missing Kids: is an information distribution network dedicated to helping locate missing kids by utilizing social media to reach thousands of people throughout Southern California. MKMK is a free service offered to parents and/or guardians of a missing child.
▪ Victim Gift Card Program: Carried by our local law enforcement agents, these emergency gift cards aid victims in escaping “the life” by keeping them safe while trying to locate space in a suitable safe house for them. It feeds, houses and clothes victims when necessary. These gift cards can literally save a victim’s life!
▪ The Love Trap: “The Love Trap” teaches school administrators, teachers, parents, and teenagers how predators identify a potential victim, the methods they use to recruit innocent kids, how parents can recognize the signs that their child may be being recruited, and, most importantly, it teaches a young person how to protect themselves so they will not become a victim of human trafficking.
▪ Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity: Our free global internet training program about human trafficking and exploitation that reaches 170 countries and includes a powerful weekly podcast and corresponding blog with links to the cases and stories discussed on the show.
▪ Live presentations: All across the United States, Million Kids has trained tens of thousands of first responders, government agencies, civic leaders, school administrators, medical personnel, faith-based organizations, parents and grandparents about how predators operate and how to prevent young people from becoming victims of exploitation!
Your generous donation will go a long way to helping us keep kids safe from predators!
Read about the work of Million Kids and RCAHT in the media: HERE
President and CEO
All donations are tax deductible and are used to help end human trafficking and the sexual exploitation of children.