The Challenge to Obtain Justice and Protection for Victims in a Global World of Encrypted Social Media and Disappearing Evidence (Part 1)
This week we are rebroadcasting one of our most popular shows to date!
(Original Air Date July 27, 2017 | Season 5 – Episode 9)
Our world is changing at the speed of light. As Americans we are protected by the First Amendment and expect a right to privacy where law enforcement has to obtain legal permission to enter our world and gather evidence. Our nation’s primary responsibility is to protect its’ citizens from harm. However, once an American citizen posts information on the world wide web, the discussion becomes quite fascinating. Once that citizen engages on the Dark Web, uses encrypted messaging or views child pornography, live-streamed sexually abusive encounters, or disappearing video, the discussion becomes volatile.
This week Opal Singleton, President and CEO of Million Kids, looks at the race for technology in providing global anonymity and how terrorists, pedophiles and predators use emerging technology to confound legal evidence gathering. Join us Thursday, August 9, 2018 at 7:00am PST on Voice America Variety Channel or access the archived show on ExploitedCrimes.com.
“Like” Million Kids on Facebook to get involved so we can say together, “NEVER AGAIN SHOULD A CHILD BE VIOLATED!”
For more FREE human trafficking training, find all of our archived shows at ExploitedCrimes.com
You can also find us on iTunes at Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity
RESOURCES, LINKS and CASES:
- FBI Director Says Encryption Poses Law Enforcement Challenge
- Tech companies to face new encrypted messaging laws
Your generosity helps us fund important programs such as:
▪ Million Kids Missing Kids: is an information distribution network dedicated to helping locate missing kids by utilizing social media to reach thousands of people throughout Southern California. MKMK is a free service offered to parents and/or guardians of a missing child.
▪ Victim Gift Card Program: Carried by our local law enforcement agents, these emergency gift cards aid victims in escaping “the life” by keeping them safe while trying to locate space in a suitable safe house for them. It feeds, houses and clothes victims when necessary. These gift cards can literally save a victim’s life!
▪ The Love Trap: “The Love Trap” teaches school administrators, teachers, parents, and teenagers how predators identify a potential victim, the methods they use to recruit innocent kids, how parents can recognize the signs that their child may be being recruited, and, most importantly, it teaches a young person how to protect themselves so they will not become a victim of human trafficking.
▪ Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity: Our free global internet training program about human trafficking and exploitation that reaches 170 countries and includes a powerful weekly podcast and corresponding blog with links to the cases and stories discussed on the show.
▪ Live presentations: All across the United States, Million Kids has trained tens of thousands of first responders, government agencies, civic leaders, school administrators, medical personnel, faith-based organizations, parents and grandparents about how predators operate and how to prevent young people from becoming victims of exploitation!
Your generous donation will go a long way to helping us keep kids safe from predators!
Read about the work of Million Kids and RCAHT in the media: HERE
President and CEO
All donations are tax deductible and are used to help end human trafficking and the sexual exploitation of children.