Anger Management: Does It Actually Work? PART 2
This week we will again feature Susan Steele, a certified Anger Management Counselor and Behavior Health Specialist for adults and at-risk children. Susan owns her own agency, NTSP Anger Management, where she conducts both couple’s counseling and individual counseling to those who have recognized there is an issue stemming from anger in their life. The first part of this series can be found at ExploitedCrimes.com (Season 9, Episode 13).
During this episode, will delve deep into what makes us angry and the various ways we all process and express anger and rage. Susan will talk about the role our past experiences have in impacting our ability to express anger. She will explore the four styles of communication (passive, aggressive, passive-aggressive and assertive). She will also discuss how to deal with anger in children and with spouses. And, finally, Susan will talk about the NINE most common mistakes parents make in communicating with children. This just might be the most powerful show we have ever done and is a MUST for first responders, social workers, pastors, educators, and parents everywhere!
Join us Thursday, September 6, 2018 at 7:00am PST on Voice America Variety Channel as host, Opal Singleton, and Anger Management Counselor, Susan Steele, discuss anger management. If you missed the live show, you can find it archived at ExploitedCrimes.com.
“Like” Million Kids on Facebook to get involved so we can say together, “NEVER AGAIN SHOULD A CHILD BE VIOLATED!”
Find ALL of our shows archived at ExploitedCrimes.com
You can also find us on iTunes at Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity
RESOURCES, LINKS and CASES:
- NTSP Anger Management
- What Your Anger May Be Hiding
Your generosity helps us fund important programs such as:
▪ Million Kids Missing Kids: is an information distribution network dedicated to helping locate missing kids by utilizing social media to reach thousands of people throughout Southern California. MKMK is a free service offered to parents and/or guardians of a missing child.
▪ Victim Gift Card Program: Carried by our local law enforcement agents, these emergency gift cards aid victims in escaping “the life” by keeping them safe while trying to locate space in a suitable safe house for them. It feeds, houses and clothes victims when necessary. These gift cards can literally save a victim’s life!
▪ The Love Trap: “The Love Trap” teaches school administrators, teachers, parents, and teenagers how predators identify a potential victim, the methods they use to recruit innocent kids, how parents can recognize the signs that their child may be being recruited, and, most importantly, it teaches a young person how to protect themselves so they will not become a victim of human trafficking.
▪ Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity: Our free global internet training program about human trafficking and exploitation that reaches 170 countries and includes a powerful weekly podcast and corresponding blog with links to the cases and stories discussed on the show.
▪ Live presentations: All across the United States, Million Kids has trained tens of thousands of first responders, government agencies, civic leaders, school administrators, medical personnel, faith-based organizations, parents and grandparents about how predators operate and how to prevent young people from becoming victims of exploitation!
Your generous donation will go a long way to helping us keep kids safe from predators!
Read about the work of Million Kids and RCAHT in the media: HERE
President and CEO
All donations are tax deductible and are used to help end human trafficking and the sexual exploitation of children.