The Prism of Shame and Phantom Relationships
This week we will examine the power total strangers can have over our kids. Think about this. A child meets an individual on the world wide web. That person seduces him/her. They isolate the child and get him/her to engage in self degrading behavior. No one is in the room with them. No one physically touches the child, but they degrade themselves. And when the child is blackmailed, he/she will go to extreme lengths to try to satisfy their virtual captor, BUT THEY WILL NOT TELL!
This might be one of the most powerful programs we have ever done!
This week we will explore the power of shame from self-degrading acts. And, how a predator, who they have never met and will never meet, can get a young person to commit acts where they are unable to project out the consequences. Acts that destroy the soul and challenge the support and love of a caring family. This is a wakeup call for all of us. We must find ways to educate our kids about how predators use the internet and why kids MUST reach out for help when they are being exploited!
Join us Thursday, September 27, 2018 at 7:00am PST on Voice America Variety Channel as host, Opal Singleton, explores phantom relationships and the prism of shame. You do not want to miss this show!
If you miss the live show, you can find it archived at ExploitedCrimes.com.
RESOURCES, LINKS and CASES:
- Momo game ‘suicide challenge’ spreads on WhatsApp
- Atwater man used social media for sex crimes on children, DOJ says
“Like” Million Kids on Facebook to get involved so we can say together, “NEVER AGAIN SHOULD A CHILD BE VIOLATED!”
Find ALL of our shows archived at ExploitedCrimes.com
You can also find us on iTunes at Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity
Please Donate and Help Keep Kids Safe From Predators!
Your generosity helps us fund important programs such as:
▪ Million Kids Missing Kids: is an information distribution network dedicated to helping locate missing kids by utilizing social media to reach thousands of people throughout Southern California. MKMK is a free service offered to parents and/or guardians of a missing child.
▪ Victim Gift Card Program: Carried by our local law enforcement agents, these emergency gift cards aid victims in escaping “the life” by keeping them safe while trying to locate space in a suitable safe house for them. It feeds, houses and clothes victims when necessary. These gift cards can literally save a victim’s life!
▪ The Love Trap: “The Love Trap” teaches school administrators, teachers, parents, and teenagers how predators identify a potential victim, the methods they use to recruit innocent kids, how parents can recognize the signs that their child may be being recruited, and, most importantly, it teaches a young person how to protect themselves so they will not become a victim of human trafficking.
▪ Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity: Our free global internet training program about human trafficking and exploitation that reaches 170 countries and includes a powerful weekly podcast and corresponding blog with links to the cases and stories discussed on the show.
▪ Live presentations: All across the United States, Million Kids has trained tens of thousands of first responders, government agencies, civic leaders, school administrators, medical personnel, faith-based organizations, parents and grandparents about how predators operate and how to prevent young people from becoming victims of exploitation!
Your generous donation will go a long way to helping us keep kids safe from predators!
Read about the work of Million Kids and RCAHT in the media: HERE
President and CEO
All donations are tax deductible and are used to help end human trafficking and the sexual exploitation of children.