What Every Parent Needs to Know About Apps, Chat Rooms, Live Streaming and Slang
(SPECIAL REBROADCAST: Original Air Date July 12, 2018)
Keeping track of which apps are dangerous for kids has become somewhat of a full-time job for parents. Once you figure out how one app works, another one is introduced. Who knows what impact each new app could have on your family?
This week we will talk about the latest apps and chat rooms that kids are gravitating towards including live streaming technology. We will also talk about some of the slang they use to hide their conversations from adults.
We will also talk about how to keep your kids safe in a world of artificial intelligence where your every click, search and location are being sold, as a profile about you is simultaneously being developed.
We will discuss:
- Artificial Intelligence
- APPS: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Kik, GroupMe, WhatsApp, Musical.ly (now TikTok), Tumblr, Grindr
- VIDEO CHAT ROOMS: Omegle, HouseParty, Live.ly, Live.Me, You.Now
- SELF-DESTRUCTING/SECRET APPS: Snapchat, Whisper
- CHATTING, MEETING, AND DATING APPS AND SITES: Monkey, MeetMe, Yubo
- Slang used by teens
Join us Thursday, November 14, 2019 at 7:00am PST on Voice America Variety Channel or access the archived show on ExploitedCrimes.com as host, Opal Singleton, helps adults to understand some of the apps, chat rooms, live streaming technology and slang that teens use today and how predators roam about these same virtual places seeking vulnerable kids to exploit. EVERY PARENT NEEDS TO LISTEN TO THIS SHOW!
Million Kids is dedicated to educating parents and teens about how all of this works. Please consider donating to keep this work going: Millionkids.org
RESOURCES, LINKS and CASES:
- North Carolina mom warns of popular ‘Roblox’ video game after 7-year-old’s avatar ‘violently gang raped’
- Dad allegedly brought cocaine, 4-year-old daughter on trip for sex with teen girl
- How a disturbing Facebook video and an activist helped save a Milwaukee teen from human traffickers
- Parenting, Media, and Everything In Between 18 Social Media Apps and Sites Kids Are Using Right Now
“Like” Million Kids on Facebook to get involved so we can say together, “NEVER AGAIN SHOULD A CHILD BE VIOLATED!”
For more FREE human trafficking training, find all of our archived shows at ExploitedCrimes.com
You can also find us on iTunes at Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity