COMMERCIAL SEX: Who is Buying? Who is Selling?
Who is Profiting?
SPECIAL REBROADCAST: ORIGINAL AIR DATE 04/11/2019
We often see documentaries on sex trafficking portraying the image of sex buyers as men who look like Richard Gere in his role in “Pretty Woman.” The pimps almost always look like they are high rolling men who wear furs and chains. And, the women are beautiful, smiling and excited to be selling their bodies in upscale establishments.These are stereotypes that are certainly entertaining, but mostly inaccurate.
Million Kids has worked to combat sex trafficking for over ten years and has been involved with many REAL cases working with the Riverside County Anti-Human Trafficking Task Force. We have conducted tens of thousands of hours of research and studied thousands of cases of sexual exploitation. We know that trafficking is a complex and diverse issue involving a broad range of ethnicity and demographics.
Few commercial sex buyers are professional Caucasian men in suits. In fact, most are laborers of all ethnic backgrounds. In nearly 60% of sex trafficking cases, the recruitment and selling of the female victim is done by another woman. And, many of the victims are average looking young girls, who are desperately seeking someone to take care of them, and have little understanding of the path they are traveling on.
Join us Thursday, January 30, 2020 at 7:00am PST on Voice America Variety Channel or access the archived show on ExploitedCrimes.com as host, Opal Singleton, talks about the realities of commercial sex.
Million Kids is dedicated to combating human trafficking, sex trafficking, child pornography and exploitation through education, training, prevention and supportive services. Please consider donating to keep our work going: Millionkids.org
RESOURCES, LINKS and CASES:
- Felon Who Forced Young Woman to Work as Pro Sentenced
- 4 women accused of running prostitution ring in Orange and Riverside counties, Nevada and Utah
- Feds arrest Riverside County woman in sex-trafficking case. Investigation based in Oregon
- HEMET WOMAN CHARGED WITH HUMAN TRAFFICKING
- TPD: Woman prostituted child, sexually battered her at gunpoint
- Gang members accused of sex trafficking out of Pa. rooming house
- Girl in trafficking case once forced to have sex with gun to her head
The Power Pack
Get both of Opal Singleton’s powerful and informative books for only $32.00 plus tax and shipping while supplies last!
THE POWER PACK INCLUDES:
- “Societal Shift: A World Without Borders… A Home Without Walls” (retail $18.99/Released January 2019)
- “Seduced: The Grooming of America’s Teenagers” (retail $15.99/Released 2016)
- PLUS two “I Believe in You” wristbands (retail $2.00)
Order at: MillionKids.us
“Like” Million Kids on Facebook to get information on the latest cases.
For more FREE human trafficking training, find all of our archived shows at ExploitedCrimes.com
You can also find us on iTunes at Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity