GLOBAL CHILD PORNOGRAPHERS
YOU WILL BE CAUGHT!
This week we will look at the global epidemic of child sexual exploitation and child pornography and discuss how law enforcement is creating a global investigation network in both the clear and dark net to find and apprehend pedophiles and child abusers around the globe.
Just recently the world was stunned as we heard about the suicide death of Mark Salling (pictured left) from the TV show, “Glee.” Mark was an attractive actor, who seemingly had it all. The court records indicate that he admitted to possessing approximately 25,000 images of children engaged in sexual conduct. Mark struck a plea agreement with the courts that would have resulted in him serving four to seven years in prison and then register as a sex offender. News reports stated that he was brought to the attention of law enforcement after he shared some of the photos with his girlfriend. A former girlfriend said she was not totally shocked by the allegations. And now, a judge has dismissed all child pornography charges against Mark Salling making it impossible for his victims to receive any restitution.
Peter Henry Herz, 61, (pictured right) received an eight year sentence in federal prison for possessing child pornography. Herz was the pianist and musical director for the Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Beach, California. He was by all accounts an accomplished individual, who also served as the staff accompanist for the Theater Department at California State University in Fullerton.
Herz had previously been arrested in 2009 for possessing child pornography. It is unclear if his current employers knew of this charge. While awaiting his trial, Herz obtained new images and had in his possession more than 500,000 images and 369 videos depicting child sexual exploitation.
Meghan Alt, a former Orange County Beauty Pageant Queen and mother of three, (pictured left) pled guilty and has been convicted on charges of producing and distributing child pornography. Meghan is charged with taking sexually explicit images of a 4-year-old female relative and offered the photos online in exchange for cash and gifts. One of the purchasers of the photos was a marine stationed in Southern California. NCIS (Naval Criminal Investigative Services) discovered the pornographic images and began the investigation. Meghan also advertised herself for sexual encounters on craigslist. And, in at least one exchange, her children were present. Her husband apparently knew nothing about her involvement in child pornography and took custody of the minor children.
Join us Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 7a.m. PST on VOICE AMERICA – Variety Channel as we discuss the global epidemic of child sexual exploitation and child pornography. If you missed the live show, you can listen to the archived show at ExploitedCrimes.com. You can also find us on iTunes at Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity
“Like” Million Kids on Facebook to get involved so we can say together, “NEVER AGAIN SHOULD A CHILD BE VIOLATED!”
RESOURCES, LINKS and CASES:
- Westminster man gets more than 8 years in prison for collecting child pornography
Please Donate and Help Keep Kids Safe From Predators!
Your generosity helps us fund important programs such as:
▪ Million Kids Missing Kids: A free service offered to parents and/or guardians of a missing child.
▪ The Love Trap: “The Love Trap” teaches school administrators, teachers, parents, and teenagers how predators identify a potential victim, the methods they use to recruit innocent kids, how parents can recognize the signs that their child may be being recruited, and, most importantly, it teaches a young person how to protect themselves so they will not become a victim of human trafficking.
▪ Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity: Our free global internet training program about human trafficking and exploitation that reaches 170 countries and includes a powerful weekly podcast and corresponding blog with links to the cases and stories discussed on the show.
▪ Live presentations: All across the United States, Million Kids has trained tens of thousands of first responders, government agencies, civic leaders, school administrators, medical personnel, faith-based organizations, parents and grandparents about how predators operate and how to prevent young people from becoming victims of exploitation!
Your generous donation will go a long way to helping us keep kids safe from predators!
Read about the work of Million Kids and RCAHT in the media: HERE
President and CEO
All donations are tax deductible and are used to help end human trafficking and the sexual exploitation of children.