How one woman took on Teen Vogue’s Tutorial ‘A Guide to Anal Sex’
This week we will have special guest, Elizabeth Johnston from Activist Mommy. Elizabeth took on Teen Vogue Magazine by making a YouTube video asking her followers to burn the magazine because of an article entitled, “Anal Sex: What You Need to Know.” Elizabeth is a mother, activist and vlogger. She has been featured on Fox and Friends, The New York Times, The Blaze and The Christian Broadcasting Network.
Over the past two months, the media has reached a new level of sickness. We can hardly communicate “enough is enough!” Teen Vogue Magazine published an article, complete with diagrams as a “tutorial,” for teens to consider anal sex. Their readership targets girls aged 12-17. The article was very explicit and encouraged young people to consider it as an alternative to vaginal sex. Also, recently Netflix released a new TV series called, “Big Mouth.” Netflix defines the show as “an adult-animated comedy series that explores the teenage adventures of puberty,” which includes a dancing penis’ and very graphic discussions of ejaculation.
As I have reviewed these media offerings, I realized just how much impact these types of media have on the grooming of our children. The statistics show that 70% of youth in commercial sex were previously sexually violated. And I thought… ENOUGH! What can a parent or leader do to counteract media that is hell bent on making certain our children see the dark side of sexuality.
Join us this week as we explore how the media is hypersexualizing our kids. Listen Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 7:00am PST on Voice America Variety Channel or access the archived show on ExploitedCrimes.com.
“Like” Million Kids on Facebook to get involved so we can say together, “NEVER AGAIN SHOULD A CHILD BE VIOLATED!”
For more FREE human trafficking training, find all of our archived shows at ExploitedCrimes.com
You can also find us on iTunes at Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity
RESOURCES, LINKS and CASES:
- The Activist Mommy
- AN OPEN LETTER TO NETFLIX About The New Series “Big Mouth”
Your generosity helps us fund important programs such as:
▪ Million Kids Missing Kids: A free service offered to parents and/or guardians of a missing child.
▪ The Love Trap: “The Love Trap” teaches school administrators, teachers, parents, and teenagers how predators identify a potential victim, the methods they use to recruit innocent kids, how parents can recognize the signs that their child may be being recruited, and, most importantly, it teaches a young person how to protect themselves so they will not become a victim of human trafficking.
▪ Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity: Our free global internet training program about human trafficking and exploitation that reaches 170 countries and includes a powerful weekly podcast and corresponding blog with links to the cases and stories discussed on the show.
▪ Live presentations: All across the United States, Million Kids has trained tens of thousands of first responders, government agencies, civic leaders, school administrators, medical personnel, faith-based organizations, parents and grandparents about how predators operate and how to prevent young people from becoming victims of exploitation!
Your generous donation will go a long way to helping us keep kids safe from predators! Read about the work of Million Kids and RCAHT in the media: HERE
Thank you! It means the world to us!
President and CEO
All donations are tax deductible and are used to help end human trafficking and the sexual exploitation of children.