Shielded by Technology, Child Sex Abuse Epidemic Festers on Darknet
“Child sex predators are increasingly exploiting anonymous browsing technology to create online safe havens where hundreds of thousands of offenders congregate to stream child pornography, devise and execute insidious schemes to exploit minors online, and crowdsource advice for avoiding capture by law enforcement, according to a senior Justice Department official.
Tor, the anonymous browser of choice for child sex predators, was created with the honorable aim of protecting “personal freedom and privacy.” But offenders have exploited the technology to create massive pedophile dens online that are virtually impossible for law enforcement to track down.
One such site, dedicated to the abuse of newborns and toddlers aged zero to 5, has tens of thousands of members. A law enforcement review of nine Tor sites hosting child sex abuse discussions, videos, and images tracked 1.9 million members last fall. Some sites were adding thousands of new users every day.
How low do these offenders go? One user sent another an ultrasound image of his unborn girl, describing how he “couldn’t wait for his daughter to be born” so he could introduce her with an explicit photograph to other offenders in a darknet group dedicated to abusing newborns and toddlers.”
These are just the first four paragraphs of a very compelling article entitled, “Shielded by Technology, Child Sex Abuse Epidemic Festers on Darknet” written by our special guest this week, Ivan Pentchoukov from The Epoch Times.
Ivan has been reporting for The Epoch Times since 2011. He started as a local reporter in New York City and moved on to cover mayors Michael Bloomberg and Bill de Blasio from City Hall. Since 2016, Ivan has been covering the White House, the FBI’s handling of the Russia probe, and topics related to child sex abuse and human trafficking. He lives in New York City with his wife and daughter.
Ivan’s recent article is full of staggering statistics related to the epidemic of child abuse material being proliferated in the dark net. Even the most seasoned individuals in the fight to protect children from predators will be shocked by the numbers of offenders now roaming the web seeking victims to abuse and exploit. And, the astounding number of children being violated virtually and physically will make you begin to wonder how can we possibly win this global fight for our kids.
Join us Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 7:00am PST on Voice America Variety Channel as host, Opal Singleton, and Ivan Pentchoukov discuss the epidemic of child abuse materials and the dark net. You do not want to miss this show!
If you miss the live show, you can find it archived at ExploitedCrimes.com.
RESOURCES, LINKS and CASES:
- Shielded by Technology, Child Sex Abuse Epidemic Festers on Darknet
- Child porn suspect claims he took photos while chaperoning field trip
“Like” Million Kids on Facebook to get involved so we can say together, “NEVER AGAIN SHOULD A CHILD BE VIOLATED!”
Find ALL of our shows archived at ExploitedCrimes.com
You can also find us on iTunes at Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity
Please Donate and Help Keep Kids Safe From Predators!
Your generosity helps us fund important programs such as:
▪ Million Kids Missing Kids: is an information distribution network dedicated to helping locate missing kids by utilizing social media to reach thousands of people throughout Southern California. MKMK is a free service offered to parents and/or guardians of a missing child.
▪ Victim Gift Card Program: Carried by our local law enforcement agents, these emergency gift cards aid victims in escaping “the life” by keeping them safe while trying to locate space in a suitable safe house for them. It feeds, houses and clothes victims when necessary. These gift cards can literally save a victim’s life!
▪ The Love Trap: “The Love Trap” teaches school administrators, teachers, parents, and teenagers how predators identify a potential victim, the methods they use to recruit innocent kids, how parents can recognize the signs that their child may be being recruited, and, most importantly, it teaches a young person how to protect themselves so they will not become a victim of human trafficking.
▪ Exploited – Crimes Against Humanity: Our free global internet training program about human trafficking and exploitation that reaches 170 countries and includes a powerful weekly podcast and corresponding blog with links to the cases and stories discussed on the show.
▪ Live presentations: All across the United States, Million Kids has trained tens of thousands of first responders, government agencies, civic leaders, school administrators, medical personnel, faith-based organizations, parents and grandparents about how predators operate and how to prevent young people from becoming victims of exploitation!
Your generous donation will go a long way to helping us keep kids safe from predators!
Read about the work of Million Kids and RCAHT in the media: HERE
President and CEO
All donations are tax deductible and are used to help end human trafficking and the sexual exploitation of children.